Website maintenance is a pretty diverse area and covers a lot of different aspects of having a website. You may want to :-
Add New Content to your Website
This is probably the most frequently requested service we provide. Fortunately, it is pretty simple to do.
- We need to connect to the computer where your website is stored
- We very carefully have a look around and assess what we need to do
- We keep an eye out for any potential problems and report back to you if we spot them
- We make the updates you want: this can include text, images, video, external links, and colour-schemes and design changes
Contact us1 to find out more.
Bring Your Website Up-to-date with a New Look
This is a bit more complicated. It involves essentially re-creating the whole site from scratch. It can be a good thing, especially for older sites. Errors can creep into website, tastes, styles and technology can and do move on. It's a bit like re-decorating a room, you take everything out, have a good sort out and tidy up, give it a new up-to-date look and then put everything back again.
- We would give you an up-front estimate of how long the re-write will take
- We will do some mock-up designs of how the page will look and give you some options for different routes you can go
- We create the new site next door to your old site but online so that you can see how things are going
- When you are happy we then launch the new site.
Contact us2 to find out more.
Something is not working properly - errors can creep into a website, it does happen. The effect of these errors can be
- poor search engine performance
- errors in layout
- not working properly in certain browsers
- taking the site completely off-line.
What do we do?
- There are some very simple online tools we use to diagnose where the problems lie.
- We then take a careful look 'under the bonnet' of your website to see how it's built and what makes it tick.
- From there we will report back and give you an estimate of much it will cost.
- Then, when you give us the go-ahead and a few technical details, we will start work.
Contact us3 to find out more.
A Web Maintenance Contract
You may just want someone you can call on when you need them - a bit like the AA.
We don't charge a regular monthly fee or sign-up fee. You are not committed to a minimum or maximum amount of work. It is all up to you.
Instead we use a system called Freshbooks which allows us to record every minute we work on your behalf, it also allow you to keep an eye on time and expenses, whenever it suits you.
Once the project is complete we simply take the time we have worked, multiply it by our hourly rate and send you the bill. It's a straightforward, fair and simple way of running a web maintenance contract.
Contact us4 to find out more.
Website Management Services
One of the great things about websites is that you can make changes and updates to them at any time.
We offer other services in the Management of your Website.
- We can tune-up the wording of your website in order to boost your position in Google - a process known as S.E.O.
- We can set you up with Online Advertising using Google Adwords
- We can make sure your entry in Google Places is up to date and links properly to your website.
- We can advise on re-designing your page to bring it up to date.
- We can install and monitor Google Analytics which will help provide information on web traffic. Your site can then be altered to take advantage of known search terms and the like.
Again everything goes into Freshbooks, we charge by the hour and send you a quarterly bill.
Contact us5 to find out more.
Website Maintenance Costs
£29 per hour. We either keep an accurate record of the time we spend working on your site, or we estimate in advance how long the work will take, but it all boils down to the same thing...£29 per hour.